TPM recently secured press coverage for Data Resolution, a Microsoft hosting partner, for its launch of the first-ever productized deployment of SharePoint Enterprise in the AWS marketplace:
- Cloud Solution Provider Paradox (Channel Insider)
- Now Even Companies on Tight Budgets Can Get SharePoint Enterprise (CMSWire)
- Microsoft SharePoint Enterprise Is Now Available In The Cloud — Amazon’s Cloud (CRN)
This month, Total Product Marketing’s Dean Ara attended the 2016 Microsoft Cloud & Hosting Summit in Bellevue, Washington. Each year, the Summit gives leaders in the industry an opportunity to share ideas on how to expand and build new services.
Key findings from a recent Microsoft study and research that was reinforced at the Summit include:
- 57% of infrastructure is now Cloud-based versus physical;
- Cloud migration, Cloud assessment and readiness, and Cloud transformation services are among the top six managed services purchased;
- Customers are loyal to good providers, with 95% of customers indicating that they plan to stay with their current service provider for the next year;
- A whopping 71% of a customer’s Cloud budget is expected to be dedicated to managed hosting services (above infrastructure);
- By focusing on the entire customer lifecycle through continuous interactions, service providers can avoid costs associated with churn while reaping the added benefits of stability and projectable revenue. The customer gains a trusted strategic advisor to guide them through every step of their Cloud journey.
To keep up to date with Total Product Marketing and the latest industry news follow TPM on Twitter.
From the Blog
Did you know that a majority of all workloads are expected to run in the Cloud within the next two years? That’s according to the 2016 Voice of the Enterprise report by 451 Research. While the opportunity for hosters is enormous, they must present themselves in the right light to those fearful of adopting the Cloud. This blog post outlines three common barriers Cloud service providers experience when entering new markets, as well as the importance of educating prospects on overcoming the risks of Cloud adoption. (BONUS: Download your complimentary case study for how to climb Google search rankings without spending a penny.) Read more >>
RightScale’s 2016 State of the Cloud report indicates that businesses are accessing at least six different Clouds on average. For businesses, it’s important to to pick the most appropriate solution—but is that a Hybrid or a Multi-Cloud solution? Contrary to popular belief, these two terms mean very different things. In this blog post, we describe the difference between a Hybrid Cloud solution and a Multi-Cloud strategy, including which solution is most appropriate for differing needs. Read more >>
This month, we published a guest post on the Talkin’ Cloud blog on the importance of personas in a fiercely competitive Cloud environment. Developing buyer personas is key to building a compelling sales and marketing strategy.
For MSPs in particular, success depends on getting to know your target audience and then delivering customized services to meet their unique needs. We’ve also outlined three common MSP buyer personas to help MSPs gain a competitive edge. Read more >>
An Overview of Cloud Customer Relationship Management – Computer Weekly
The future of customer relationship management lies in the Cloud. This article outlines how the Cloud offers businesses the capability to deploy applications aimed at enhancing customer experience, including the benefits and challenges of using Salesforce, Oracle, and Microsoft Dynamics.
What Does the Role of the CIO Look Like in 2016? – Cloud Computing News
The role of the CIO is changing drastically according to a new report released by KPMG. CIOs with a creative mindset are increasingly winning out over those with a more operational focus.
Report: Marketing Cloud – VentureBeat
VentureBeat’s latest Insight Report, “Marketing Clouds: How the best companies are winning via marketing technology” takes into account the viewpoints of 1483 marketers to better understand how, when, and why to launch your own marketing Cloud.
Report: Hybrid Cloud is Here to Stay – Government Technology
A recent survey found that while most IT professionals have invested in the Cloud, a majority reported they did not believe certain functions would ever be migrated. The hybrid approach may be here to stay.
Enterprise Cloud users need to take steps at the start of their relationship with MSPs to ensure their needs will be met if problems arise. Here are 21 questions that hosting providers should be prepared to answer prior to signing new clients
How Cloud Computing Propels IT Security – InformationWeek
Cloud computing technologies are actually helping to propel IT security at rates never seen before. Here are seven ways the Cloud may be the largest driver of security today.