My good friend and product management colleague Rob Goehring was the keynote at this year’s Vancouver Product Camp 2014. He’s currently the Chief Marketing Office at TIO Networks, co-founder of Contigo Systems and an all-around-great guy.
We all know that the best marketing, outreach, sales efforts and messaging can’t save a weak product or service. At the base of every successful technology is a product visionary who manages the roadmap, requirements, usability, functionality and communication superlatively, deftly switching from multiple hats including those of negotiator, presenter, marketer, designer, developer, tester, researcher, and…cheerleader!
That visionary is often the product manager.
His keynote was entitled: “Product Management: Is it in your DNA?” and touched on:
2. Agenda What Why How
3. Who am I?
5. We identify opportunities and unmet needs in the market and fulfill them, leveraging e-business synergies to extract economies of scale and above average revenues and profits for our products.
6. Geoffrey Moore
7. Not my head
8. WHY IS THIS SO IMPORTANT?
9. Better Products earn more market share… And make sales guys happy
10. Better Products make life more entertaining
11. Better products can provide a quantum leap in capabilities
12. Better products make our lives easier
13. Better products make a better world
14. Better products make a better world
15. HOW – IS IT IN YOUR DNA?
Contact Rob to speak at your event or get great advice on your early stage company. You can reach him at the following:
Chief Marketing Office, TIO Networks
Take a look at his Vancouver Product Camp 2014 SlideShare presentation here:
Photo credit: Arash Asli